Master of Education (M Ed.)
As the education sector is attracting adequate attention in the age of structural adjustment and economic reform, Master of education (M.Ed.) is increasingly becoming a preferred career course for many Indians. This has also helped in the growth of the M.Ed. Colleges in India. The M.Ed Courses in India are generally pursued after the successful completion of the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) courses. It is essential to pursue the M.Ed. courses if you are interested in teaching the teacher's training courses in India.
- To help the students to know and understand the philosophical and sociological foundations of education.
- To enable the students to develop an understanding of the contributions of various Indian schools of philosophy to the field of education.
- To enable the students to understand the concepts and principles of educational psychology as an applied science.
- To create an awareness among the students regarding the development of psychological thought and its application for human growth in the context of Indian culture.
- To acquaint the students with the methods used for locating the problem areas and research.
The course for the Master's Degree in Education i.e., M.Ed. Semester (Regular) shall be one of the academic year having two Semester. The Terms and Vacations to the course would be as prescribed by the university from time to time.